The CLYLP values, listed below are infused through our work to promote leadership with humility and commitment:
- Service to the community â€“ The CLYLP demonstrates the value of â€śgiving backâ€ť in curriculum content and the model that engages alumni, volunteers and partners in service to youth. Those who serve develop leadership qualities and skills that are carried forward in many areas of community service.
- Cultural identity and motivation â€“ CLYLP enhances leadership potential, motivation and self-confidence by exposing young people to Chicano/Latino history, cultural values and role models.
- Self-realization and continuous learning â€“ CLYLP changes futures for young people by exposing them to new possibilities. Participants nurture dreams and aspirations, pursue college and careers, create an awareness of the world around them, and build self-confidence to create positive social change.
- Equity â€“ CLYLP opens doors to educational and career opportunities for young people with limited access to resources and develops leaders who participate in creating equitable policies and institutions in many arenas of our society.
- Collaboration â€“ CLYLP partners with academic institutions, corporations, community leaders, and professionals to continuously identify and work toward shared goals that advance youth and their development.
- Community-based leadership â€“ CLYLP is a community-driven model founded by leaders in the Latino community. Alumni and volunteers lead many facets of the organization and continuously train the next generation of volunteers.