Alumni Internship Program
Application Deadline for the 2011 CLYLP Alumni Internship Program is March 1, 2011
The purpose of the CLYLP Alumni Internship Program is to provide CLYLP alumni in college with an opportunity to gain work experience, mentorship and an outlet to contribute to CLYLP and its mission to developing Californiaâ€™s Future Leaders.
Work one-on-one with Board Members and Officers on specific projects ranging from fundraising to communications and public relations. CLYLP Interns will be assigned a mentor on the Board who will provide guidance, professional advice and an opportunity to cultivate a close working relationship. Throughout the year, interns will work with different Board Members who lead key functions and programs of the organization. Some of the rotating Intern assignments include:
- Public Relations â€“ assist PR team in the drafting of letters, press releases, alumni spotlights, and assist with management of database, website content and social media campaigns.
- Fundraising- work with Board Officers on donations records, assist with alumni or regional events, and assist Board President with donor acknowledgement campaign.
- Program Support - support Board Members and Officers by responding to email and phone inquiries, meeting preparation, program development and other Board business and program staffing.
- Available to work a minimum of 4 hours a week on designated project(s) and correspond with mentor via email on a regular basis.
- Available to participate on conference calls, as needed.
- Comply with CLYLP policies regarding work performance and personal conduct.
- Students currently enrolled in college full or part time, working towards an undergraduate degree.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Active participation in other public and/or community service activities.
- CLYLP Alumnus of the Sacramento Leadership Conference, Los Angeles Institute or San Joaquin Valley Institute.
Please send resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this program to email@example.com by March 1, 2011. Applicants do not need to live in Sacramento. Most of the assignments will be performed remotely. Applications will be reviewed by members of the CLYLP Board of Directors.
- Application Due: March 1st
- Phone Interviews: week of March 14th
- Program: April 2011- December 2011